ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake dust removal

Need a bit of help and advice for removing brake dust from my spare alloy. Looks like the previous owner left the brake dust on and it’s been sat in the wheel well for a few years.

Is there anything anyone one recommend to remove it?

Photo117.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Go to B&Q and buy some Brick acid or some descaling acid.

Soak the wheel in it for 3 minutes and use a good alloy wheel brush. It will fly off.

Only do it once though as its strong s**t. I use it at work and have lost fingernails to the stuff!!

Go to B&Q and buy some Brick acid or some descaling acid.

Soak the wheel in it for 3 minutes and use a good alloy wheel brush. It will fly off.

Only do it once though as its strong s**t. I use it at work and have lost fingernails to the stuff!!

Cheers for the quick response!

Will I need to do owt to the wheel afterwards to protect it?

All I've tried is elbow grease and Autoglym clean wheels which didn't really do anything. I've read Meguiars wheel bright is good. Would it be worth trying something like the Meguiars before going for the brick acid!?

Golf GTD Mk7
polish and a rag will remove it. Hard to get off really. Try tar remover first to get any excess off that washing hasn't done.