ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Fade...

Ok I have had my clio 16v for a little over two weeks and tonight I took it for a really long hard drive. Several times during this drive I had to stop and let the brakes cool down as I was getting bad brake fade. I would go on the pedal and it would all seem fine but I just would not slow down as quick, you lose your confidence in a car quick when it does this!

What I want to know is this normal? I was not really going for it as I am still finding the limits and there were straights where the brakes could cool down. Please dont tell me that these cars comes with sh*tty brakes.

If the brakes dont normally do this what could be wrong. I have not had a chance to have a good look at them, but they did kind of smell funny when I was having a quick look.

Cheers Mat.

um........not normal........or you are using the brakes WAYYYYYYYYY too much.

Std pads and discs have lasted me 20 laps at combe before starting to go off.

Have a gander at the condition of the pads and fluid.

the fluids more than likely the original stuff that renault put in.

Chaneg the fluid and have a gander at the pads, if the pads are the grooved ones cleaned the groove out as well, it it crumbles easily the pads are way past their best.

Also put the out pad on the piston side and vice versa.

The brakes are very good (assuming girlings) you outbrake porsches etc as standard.

clio 20v

i experianced brake fade for the first time not so long ago in a rather spirited drive to wales in the works van, never again fukin shat meself ive turned the discs blue an theyve got loads of little cracks in em now

was funny tho the look on peoples faces wen they see a combo van traveling sideways round roundabouts is quality :D

Yes, kind of sh*te my self as I flew round the corner with my foot on the brakes not really slowing down. Luckily there was nothing else on the road.

Could just be cheap and nasty pads, i spotted a small bt of fade in my 16v a while back but i was really pushing it, but i dont think the pads on johnny are the best quality ever.........generally clio brakes are great..........well so him in doors says

chuckie