ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Fluid Change

Clio 172 ph1
I am just about to order some brake fluid to carry out a full change on my 172 before my track day.

Looking to get ATE 200, would 1l be enough to completely flush through the old fluid or am I looking at buying 2 cans?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Whole system holds about a litre, so to be completely sure it's a full flush i'd get 2L and put a full can through leaving you with the other to top up and the odd rebleed if needed.

@George@RTR_Parts will sort you some.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I also supply The ATE.
Its about the minimum I'd put in for the Clio as the small brakes get hot.

Try it. If you end up needing something a bit more heat resistant go for the Motul RBF660

Clio 172 ph1
@Kev@KAM thanks for the links, cheaper than ECP (y)

For now the car is more fast road spec (PBS pads and drilled discs) and normally used for more weekend driving. So I was thinking ate would be good for both?

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Steve if its for the road go for the ATE. You can end up spending more and never gaining the benefit and it can always be changed later

Clio 172 ph1
Well it will be 90-95% road driving with a few track days a year, this being my first one

I have read that RBF600 etc will need changing at least 6 months, so am likely only to do 1-2 track days before I need to change it - so am a bit put off by the cost.... Unless I am totally wrong with this.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Well it will be 90-95% road driving with a few track days a year, this being my first one

I have read that RBF600 etc will need changing at least 6 months, so am likely only to do 1-2 track days before I need to change it - so am a bit put off by the cost.... Unless I am totally wrong with this.

Its not more absorbant of water so I think its unsubstantiated rumor. However heat and hard use does effect all fluids.
Interestingly 80% of all brake fluids are made at one factory (to different manufacturer specs of course)