ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake fluid

Renault clio wiiliam
Owner of a Williams...I need to bleed the brakes and I was looking for a better braking fluid...I ve seen motul rbf660 ,has anyone anything better to recommend? And also how many liters do I need? Thanks a lot !!

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
If you use the car just on the road I probably would go ATE Typ200. The Motul is great for track use but might be a little over specced for road.
RBF600 is slightly cheaper if you want to stick to that brand.

We can supply all of the above here and others like Castrol SRF which have a really high wet boiling point so suitable for high brake temperatures and where a car is left for a long time between maintenance fluid changes.

Renault clio wiiliam
Thanks for the help guys , so do I need only half a litre? Or 1litre ?I use the car for some b road driving and some trackdays...also

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Ok. If you are running pagids then you can run some of the cheaper stuff.
However when you upgrade to CL brakes - because they are a metallic compound theres a bit more heat transfer to the caliper and fluid than a ceramic based pad so you want the best you can.

Renault clio wiiliam
Ok. If you are running pagids then you can run some of the cheaper stuff.
However when you upgrade to CL brakes - because they are a metallic compound theres a bit more heat transfer to the caliper and fluid than a ceramic based pad so you want the best you can.
you are talking about the fluid right ?

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Yes. Your average oem pad will overheat before something like ATE typ200. However the CL are designed to run at extremely high temperatures and usually the fluid becomes the weak point which is why you would need something more top end. For more critical race situations we run thermal backing plates on customer race cars if we think theres a risk of the fluid overheating

Renault clio wiiliam
Yes. Your average oem pad will overheat before something like ATE typ200. However the CL are designed to run at extremely high temperatures and usually the fluid becomes the weak point which is why you would need something more top end. For more critical race situations we run thermal backing plates on customer race cars if we think theres a risk of the fluid overheating
So you suggest trying something simplier with these pads ?

NTG999

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
If you are bleeding them by topping up then 1/2 litre will be enough, if you use something like easybleed where you use an external bottle then 2x 1/2 litre some of which you can re-use.
I use RBF600 for fast road and occasional track with DS2500 pads and all seems good but Kam Racing and George far more knowledgeable than me