ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake in-balance Fail - MOT - Have i been ripped off?

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Hi all, just got a fail for my front two wheels having a brake in-balance of 29%! Now i have never noticed any pulling to either side when driving and after coming to work after the MOT i really tested the brakes, that car did not via to one particular side and felt very good.

So is the MOT place making this up? and if it did have an in-balance of 29% i guess i should be able to notice this yes?

I am going to get them checked out btw - just wanted soem advice.

Thanks for any help.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Well they were not that helpfull tbh, when i asked what would cause this he said, maybe the car has not been used much - i said it's done at least 400 miles a week in the last 3 years since i owned it. *His Eyebrows lifted*, then he said when the brakes last serviced, I said the brakes had a full servce and the pads were changed and checked 2 months ago. *His Eyebrows lifted again* and said get it checked and made right and come back. - Off i went - the proof was the print out from the MOT computer he gave me.

Yeah right - this garage was useless - no customer service what so ever. It's shame my servicing garage does not do MOT's as i trust them implicitly!

The £35 special offer should have raised my alarm bells!

BMW M135i
Side to side yes i'd have said so. Would be something like a stuck slider generally which is what he was getting at saying if it hadn't been used much which obviously isn't the case.

For the effort involved it'd be worth checking the sliders,calipers,etc over then i'd get somewhere else you trust a little more to just brake test it. If it is genuinely out and its not a caliper problem then it could be the ebd or something electronic like that but we won't even go down that route. First things first.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Thanks some great advice! I'll take it to my normal garage next week and get them to check it as they did the brakes! They are very good and will check it and sort it for no charge!