ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Judder HELP

No.16 172 exclusive
Hey guys.

Had my PH1 Clio 172 for about 3 months now the cars been running great until the last couple of days.

The problem started at the start of the week i was coming upto a junction and was about to brake. i heard a strange noise when i hit the brake pedal sounded abit like a pressure washer when its turned on. lasted a couple of seconds then then stopped. i could feel a judder coming from the brake pedal when i heard the sound which made me think its something to do with the ABS.

Since i first encounter the noise it has become more frequent and coming back from work tonight it must've happened about 10 times on a 8mile trip. All the time was when it was stop start stuff. Once on the backroad the problem was gone but approaching a set of lights at 10-20mph the problem was back.

Any ideas to what this could be?

my guess is low fluid but couldnt find the bottle to check if it was the problem anyone know where its hidding?

Thanks in advance guys. Thought id post up first just incase its not my gut feeling.

No.16 172 exclusive
Is there a easy way to find out what the problem is ie, diagnostic port? or visible tell tales?

Thanks again

Cro

Meg'd r27
Easy to see if the pad or disc is done, just look...

Abs sensor you can check is still attached for a start, check abs rings not cracked (on all 4) Would stick a light on I'd have thought

No.16 172 exclusive
Thanks guys.

Having someone look over it tomorrow will get back to you with the results.

No.16 172 exclusive
Just had the car at the garage.

The ABS is playing up because of a broken abs ring on the passengers drive shaft.

The brakes are playing up because the brake master cylinder is leaking and is now empty.

Does anyone know where and how much it will cost for the master cylinder? I have been having a look online and cant see anything regarding them.

Is it an engine out job to replace?

Rough prices would be nice please :D