ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake light & indicator not working, have replaced bulbs.

Car  172 phase 1
Hi, I have just purchased a phase 1 172 with only 45k miles on it...I live in NZ, where they are pretty rare and I have been looking at for one for years!!

Everything was working ok when I purchased it last week, but now I noticed the left rear indicator bulb & brake light are not working I swapped the bulbs over from the right, no joy, so obviously it's not a bulb issue. I checked all fuses etc.

Is there an obvious thing to check next before I look at taking the car to an auto electrician?

Many thanks, I have lurked here for years before now feeling an entitlement to join!
 
There will be an earth wire bolted near the lamp somewhere, check this if u can find it. sorry i cant remember where it is.
 
I couldn't see any earth wire anywhere near the lamp - there is only the wires going into a connector. I have cleaned the connectors and put back together, still not working.
 
The earth wire is bolted to the inner bodywork and you will need to remove the inner liner to get at it i'm afraid.

If you have a multi-meter handy put the lights on in turn and check for the pressence of +12v at the multiplug to as it could even be a bulb holder fault.

Mick
 
Back
Top