ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake lights staying on.

1.4 16v Clio
Hi guys.

I just fitted new smoked rear lights to my clio but when my headlights/sidelights are on the brake light stays on even when im not braking.Is this simple to fix or will i need it looked at?

Cheers.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You wont get many people on here rushing to help you Chav your car up but hey! I was young once :rasp:

What you have probably done, is change the lights for a later cars lights. In which case the wiring is different.

You will need to look carefully at where to old and the new differ.

There is a good guide to this written by a member, in the technical section of this board, but you will have to pay up and join to access it. ;)

Go on, its only a fiver.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Arent the brake lights were the side lights are on some smoked rear lights thus giving the impression the brake lights are constantly on when the lights are switched on ??

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I dont know Matt, I was wondering if he had replaced early all red type lamps with a type meant to replace the later ones with the clear centres. ????

Da

Less
They will be wired up for the Mk2 ph1 I'm pretty certain. The wiring for the Mk2 Ph2 is different so they will need adapting to suit.

See here although that guide is for fitting Ph2 clusters to a ph1 so you'll need to reverse the process.

Last edited: