ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake options rebuild or new calipers

right had my mot a few weeks ago and went through no advisories suddenly my brake pad has gone on right front caliper it has happened pretty sudden as last time i checked it was very meaty and all other pads are fine from when we replaced them last year. so I think the caliper is sticking as it I can hear it slightly when driving along it sounds like its skimming along.

so im faced with a few options caliper rebuild im guessing its worth doing both at the same time and new pads possible discs

two
replace calipers with upgraded brembos or stoptech etc so will have to look into this

but this will all be done by a mechanic so i will have to factor in labour costs into these aswell of fitting or rebuilding my calipers ideally if im rebuilding my calipers i want to spend more then 300 but if im buying mew ones i dont want to spend more then 600 inc labour

what do you guys think?

Many.
You'd want to do both at the same time, and discs if they've worn unevenly too.

4pots will mean less choice in wheels/require spacers and new brake lines depending on the setup (Hi-spec for instance), plus brackets and shimming. You'll struggle to get that for less than £600 too imo.

You'd want to do both at the same time, and discs if they've worn unevenly too.

4pots will mean less choice in wheels/require spacers and new brake lines depending on the setup (Hi-spec for instance), plus brackets and shimming. You'll struggle to get that for less than £600 too imo.

did think i was going to struggle with that kind of budget same thing as last year if you remeember left front has gone to fine to fucked within two days been driving sensibly too.

Many.
Last year I told you about it many weeks prior. Both calipers need checking for being sticky tbh, could actually be the passenger side sticking.

Many.
Nope deff drivers side inner pad has gone and taken disc with it.

No you misunderstand. If the N/S is sticking, meaning you're not getting full braking on that side, it would take longer to wear out, and cause the opposite side to wear faster.

Without any investigation, its impossible to know for sure.