ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pad choices

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
im after some new front pads ive got the hc discs just need pads

i only really use the car to and from work and a few little blasts not really on track days.

ive got a few choices

genuine renault pads

ferodo premier pads

mintex pads

or anyother suggestions except ds2500 i cant afford them

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Are they good from cold as I drive a 40 mile round trip aday most on motorway do don't get to much heat in them

182cup & 172 racecar
Yes,I wouldn't use any pads that need warming up as we have crossroad just down from us and my missus uses the car every day,I hate for her to come a cropper.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Are they £110 or am I looking at that wrong as really can't afford them

Clio 197
i recently bought some ebc ultimax, affordable and had some good reviews from what i have read. i dont touch the track, just normal daily driving

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I went off in an early morning 2 years ago and up the mountain road featured in the "Transfagarasan" episode from Top Gear. it was some 10 km of hard driving towards the top but the OE pads worked well. that was maybe because there were about 10 degrees outside but anyway.. So I'm guessing that they hold up pretty well even if abused a little.
if you're on a tight budget I think you won't go wrong with them