ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pads AGAIN!!

My current brake pads give off so much brake dust.

I am finding I need to clean my alloys everyweek and being a lazy fecker this isnt possible.

What Pads are best for reducing brake dust. I dont care on the perfomance of the pads as long as they stop u as well as the standard.

Greenstuff claim they reduce dust but peoples experiences with these dont seem to good.

Does the club have any deals with companys which I could by the pads I am after?

Cheers,

Kev

i agree compleatly mate, but......

i wash my car twice a week, and in addition to this i often i just wash the wheels, which only takes 10 minutes and makes the whole car look clean,

i cant find anyway round it

but the more often you do it the less effordt it is, (easy for me as ive only got P1 turbines)

sorry i couldnt help more

lofty

im running std reno pads and to be honest there not a lot more dust than when using sh*tty greenstuff pads
these are complete cak and i would not put them a any other motors. the compound is just too hard for the disk

wongy

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Greenstuff pads cre cr@p and I would not recommend them!

If you are gonna swap the pads for uprated ones, go for either Mintex 1144s, Ferodo DS2000s or pagid fast road pads.

Still gonna get brake dust no matter what pads you use, fact of life, but at least those pads I listed are very good!

HTH

Skoda Fabia vRS

try some brake dust barrier on your wheels

i use the turtle wax stuff and a lot of it rinses off with the rest comin off in one easy wipe with no effort required

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Brun -

Id seen this stuff but was sceptical as to whether or not it worked.

So you recommend this stuff then?!

Might have to try some...

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea it is good, the brake dust does still go on your wheels, but you will be surprised at how easy it comes off

i also use the turle wax wheel cleaner but hardly need to use that if youve got some brake dust barrier on, i just use one squirt on my sponge to help it