ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pads/discs

I need my front brake pads replacing and I dont want to do it myself.

How much should I look to pay for supply and fitting?

Went to my local pro tyre today and they said £89 for discs, pads and fitting. When i asked why I needed discs they said that if they fitted new pads with old discs there may be issues with them bedding in etc.

Is this right?

(as an additional note - renault quoted me £92 just for front pads with fitting!!)

Noel - there is a good post previous to this maybe a page back if u have a look with various prices etc...

You do not necessarily need to change your discs at all...that is someone trying to sell u it mate.

Jaine

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

£89 for front brake discs and pads fitted is a good price. discs need changing if there worn thin,the braking surface is corroded or if the braking surface of the disc is worn uneven.

Running scored or heavily worn discs with new pads reduces their lifespan by about 25-30% in the first few miles as alot of pad material is worn off so the pad matches the disc face.

Brake efficiency is also poor as hell with old scored discs.

brilliant cheers guys just wanted to check they were not just talking crap and ripping me off! will go for it soon as im back from me hols!!