ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pads

RB 182
i've had mintex x-tremes(sh*te) and now got some carbon lorraines in which are just about dead after 3.5k miles and am just wondering what peoples opinoins are on staying with the cl's or changing to ds2500 etc. the cl's are awesome but didnt last long and the squealing can be annoying at times but on track performance more than made up for that. anyone who has tried both i would like to know which you liked most and why

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You need to learn how to drive by the sounds of it.

I use apec £20 pads on the road and PF97's on the track (£120+)
If you are killing brakes after 3.5k you have a problem.

RB 182

if you left your track day pads on all the time how long would they last on normal road use

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
^^ using PF97 you will go through discs before wearing out the pads.

if you left your track day pads on all the time how long would they last on normal road use
My brothers run PF97 and they are going on there 10 track day tomorrow and he likes the brake the PF are the best pads you can get for the Clio for track use but they do like disc he on his 3rd set of disc to one set of pads. they have been used on the road for around 4k as well the one thing I will say is they will fcuk up your wheels and you will end up using wheel cleaner on the sides of your car just like the CL I have run the CL and only get around 4k and 4 track days out of them PF97 going on mine car next year ;)

Pagid Blue are another track-biased pad that still works fine on the road.

I'm happy with mine :)

Had them on a couple of years now I think - same pads, same discs, but I'm fairly gentle on the brakes generally.