ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pads

today my ickle clio had her first 18K mile service, they were happy to inform me that my brake pads were worn and only had 4k left on them, then they proceeded to ask for £98 from me to replace them, i told them to sod off and i will sort it later. Anyhoo, i have a mechanic friend who will be able to change them for free no problems but do you need any special tools to get them off or is it pretty straight forward? and how much do they normally cost?

Lionel Richie

you can get them for £17 IIRC from halfords of £28ish from K-tec

check if you have "Lucas" on the calipers

theyre R5 GTT pads believe it or not!!!!

pads are easy to change do it urself!! :) infact, u only need to remove 1 bolt 2 do it! unless u realy stand on ur brakes u only need the ferrodo pads from halfords like fred says, the halfords own make arnt as good but still work fine 4 normal driving. 4 98 quid they shud be giving u new disks as well as pads (no joke!)