ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pedal to the floor

RB 182FF
Right chaps, I changed my hoses for some braided hel items and also bought some fresh ate super blue fluid for my brakes. Bled them once, started car up and pedal was spongy and went to the floor, bled them again, no air came out and same thing, pedal goes spongy to the floor. Now the only thing I'm insure of is that I bled them with the handbrake on, does this make a difference?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Trev

How did you bleed them? 2 man method? i.e. one with a foot on the pedal and one opening the brake nipple, or a pressurised system?

This will help other people with replies. Did you notice at anytime a mistake i.e. air getting sucked into the system whilst the caliper nipple was open?

RB 182FF
Sorry my bad! Used an easi bleed kit with a tyre at no more than 20 psi if that helps? Also no I didn't notice any mistakes

RB 182FF
Air in the abs module. Needs CLiP to get the abs into bleed mode

Who's CLiP? How does this happen? In 99% sure the reservoir wasn't empty, and bless it properly how I normally bleed my cars.

When I push on the pedal is sounds like I can hear air everytime your press it, the brakes do work but it's right at the bottom off the pedal.

RB 182FF
No lol, it took me about half hour to change the lines! Also I read that I should bleed the brakes with the engine on as this bleeds the abs as well? Might give this a try tonight then if no luck Take it to rentech.

As I understand it, if you have air in the ABS system its very hard to get it out via normal bleeding yourself, but in a garage they can use there clip machine to have the ABS system open or operating whilst they bleed it to get the air out.

I read before it might work by getting the ABS to kick in then trying to bleed again, but tbh if you only have brakes at the very bottom of the pedal it doesn't sound safe enough to try!

RB 182FF
Spoke to rentech in Portsmouth and he's told me that most likely loads of air and the eezi bleed arnt that good so he's told me to use the eezi bleed kit but don't pressurise it, just use the bottle full of fluid and then manually pump the pedal 15 times on each caliper and that should sort it, if not then he's gonna sort it for me with the clip for £40