ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pipe and handbrake fun

Having redone my valvers engine and refitted it was pleased she was running so sweet, and thought I had tackled all the difficult and annoying jobs a valver could throw at you. Unfortunetly not, needed a new rear brake pipe for MOT test and decided to change the lot, as its hard to detach them from load sensor valve individually, so stripped the lot. What a nightmare, everything was siezed solid. Anyway after much swearing and through a couple of abused vise grips, got all pipes off and load sensor valve and can make new pipes up. However thought Id strip and clean rear calipers, which is were I ran into problems. I cannot manage to punch handbrake cable out of guide on caliper. Supposed to be a push fit, but neither side will not shift, any suggestions, anybody done this? (have tried a variety of punches but no luck and dont want to damage it. I could apply heat but am unsure since it is alloy - help someone?) Also slide on one of the calipers looks dogged, where is best for new caliper and how much?