ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup brakes Pants

ash_89

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Afternoon everyone,

Had my 172 cup a little while now, first thing I noticed was how shoddy the brakes are.
There is good pedal feel, but no real grab. I have pressure bled the system, fluid is also flowing to the rear calipers, brake compensator is free.

I was wondering how common these are for sliders seizing, and Is it the norm for the rear discs to look like they haven't been used for months? (thick rusty layer).[aware of the 172 cup mot rear brakes excemtion].

Tonight's jobs are checking the brake servo pipe to the servo for splits, caliper sliders on all corners, caliper pad pistons.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Rear discs should be clean if you’ve been driving it and a sliders will seize all round at some point. The rears also need cleaning up where the pads fit as they can get tight when they shouldn’t be.

Front sliders are easy enough to swap out, I just replaced the calipers when it happens on the rears.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
You've made sure it's not a fluid problem so next to do is a strip down, clean & regrease of all the calipers, the rear sliders do like to seize up for fun so that's the most likely cause of the discs being like they are

ash_89

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Ended up being the front caliper slider pins, both bottom pins either side.
Braking power is now back to normal :).