ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake problem *Please help!*

Clio
hi,
the car is question is a 2001 clio 1.2 16v.
a few months back i had new disks and pads fitted on the front and since then ive noticed a few things. please bear with me as its really hard to describe!
it started off that when braking, just as you come to a stop there was a strange humming sound, almost like a pump priming, but loud. this is still there but now i have another issue aswell, when braking there is a loud knocking sound coming from the front (as i slow down, so does the knocking) and i can feel it through the pedal ALOT, it literally pushes the pedal back at me. what confuses me is that it doesnt do it all the time, just every now and then. (the brakes do still work perfectly fine).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Clio
Im pretty sure they used the old ones, how much am i looking at for new rings? is it the abs kicking in then?