ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake problem!

My breaks are constantly squealing, is this normal for clio 182 I had them cleaned up and in a couple of weeks they started squealing again, are they just bad breaks? do I need to upgrade the breaks? and suggestions would be great. Thank You!

Many.
Its Brakes, not breaks.

Calipers/carriers/shims probably need cleaning, and then lube so they don't rattle.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Genuine standard for road use. I can't fault mine. I used mintex ceratec on all my lube points and no squealing even after track use.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They're only " bad brakes " as you say , if they don't stop your car . Is your car stopping ok ? If so , there's no problem with your pads , they just need a little bit of grease on the back of the pads . Some brake pads do squeal more than others though , it's down to the the compound they are made from . For normal road use , standard pads are fine .

Thanks for your help I will strip them down and clean them up again and copper slip them again. Thank you both

172 cup, Impreza P1
Check the outside edge of the pad and make sure there is not a small lip round it. This can vibrate causing a squealing noise. Run a file round to put a chamfered edge to it.

Thank you very much I'll have a lol when I get a chance, the brakes all seem to work lovely that just squeak all the time how ever hard or soft I brake they still make the noise.