ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake problems

Clio 182 cup
my problem is after my trip to the nurburgring last year on my final lap i believed that i had boiled my brake fluid,
so i got back and one thing after another this got left for longer and longer.

so this weekend i brought some brake fluid and set about bleeding the brakes, after bleeding all four corners and ALOT of air come out of all four calipers which i thought would explain the spongey brake pedal.

But after bleeding all 4 corners and no more air come out the brake pedal doesn't pump solid and i can still move the pedal even after pumpinh for a good 10-15 seconds, and after driving the car it seems to snake under heavy braking and with it being a "cup" the wheels lock up very very easily.

A friends dad believes it could be something to do with the master cylinder being at fault ?

does anyone have any other ideas as to what it could be ??

cheers Dan

bg182ff
Sounds similar to the problem i have chap i have changed the fluid in mine after suspecting that i had boiled mine but now left with a spongy pedal but if i take my foot off and back on instantly the abs is cutting in and my face is in the windscreen :/ i am to suspecting master cylinder is up the shoot as all four calipers were bleed with an automatic bleeder and had the rubber hoses replaced with braded items just to rule those out of a crack in the oe rubberones :/

Clio 182 cup
Yer same but with me owning a cup and not having abs my brakes are almost at a point that they are either on or off. I am quite stumped as to what it can be

bg182ff
Mines booked in with k tec on the 26th its one of two things im thinking either master cylinder servo or one of the caliper seals are leaking air in past the piston but my money is on the servo :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's unlikely to be master cylinder chap and more likely to be a calliper/pad sticking issue. If you're sure the pads are free am not sticking in the carrier then I'd say your first port of call should be to get the braking force and bias measured.

It could even be a buggered flexi-section if its been properly abused.

bg182ff
Mick hence why ive changed mine and it passed the mot last month with the problem :/ so im guessing bias balance is ok :/ any other ideas bud?

Clio 182 cup
thanks for the help mick turned out to be a seized carrier bolt and wasn't allowing the calliper to move