ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake question

Rb 182

Are Clio16v Mk1 calipers the same as 5 Gtt calipers?

it seems they are the same part number in the brakeword catalog but the clio runs 260mm disks and the 5 runs 238mm ones

are just the carriers different? or is the whole thing the same and the clio hub makes it sit futher out??

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by madmax on 31 August 2005

yeah they are, the discs are just differnt i think to the position of the holes in the hubs
eh?

different sized discs, theyll go on fine, with the right calipers and carriers.

Wouldnt like to comment on the calipers, they could be the same, just not sure.
Theyre both girling calipers, and are the same from what I can gather - but I dont actually know this for sure.

Rb 182

hrm still no further forward then

i know the calipers are the same part number however this probably only refers to the actual caliper body as opposed to the entire assembly with the carrier fitted

ive asked the bloke i baught them from to measure the disks as he said they came from a clio 16v so they should be correct but i cant see any reason why the carriers would have TURBO stamped into them unless they were the R5GTT items instead of the clio ones

just dont wanna rip the old stuff off and find out its not right and need to refit it all

gen please

Rb 182

so i guess the fact the carriers are stamped TURBO would imply ive actually been given some from a 5 instead of a 16v like they shouldve been..?

just try them !!! when i converted mine i had the wrong discs and didnt find out unitll i fitted them so took them off and changed them !!!!