ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Servo Pipe melted - Where to find a replacement part ?

Hi all,

Took my Clio in for an MOT today and was told the brake servo pipe is damaged and needs replacing. The car drove fine to the MOT station so was a little bit confused. As I drove out of the MOT station the car wouldn't stop and it was dangerous to drive the car so I pulled over straight away. Upon closer inspection it looks like the pipe has melted somehow upon contact with the engine, it must have been loose? I have no idea how this has happened but I really need to fix this ASAP. I'm hoping someone can help source a replacement part because I've tried the most common of places without any luck. I rang the dealership but the parts department was closed unfortunately. However after some online reading it seems like they don't stock the part anymore? (could someone confirm this please?) I've also tried eBay but no luck. will a brake servo pipe from a different clio of similar reg fit or is it a different design?

I'm willing to travel if someone has a spare, I just really need this sorting. Any help will be much appreciated.

Renault will stock them. Depending how badly damaged it is you can cut out the s**t bit and replace it with some hard walled line as a bodge. Done this on a turbo one as the servo line runs very close to the turbo in the standard location.

dan's cast offs.
Renault will stock them. Depending how badly damaged it is you can cut out the s**t bit and replace it with some hard walled line as a bodge. Done this on a turbo one as the servo line runs very close to the turbo in the standard location.

think they are nla, if not are a bloody scary price!!!!!

PH2 172
Hi all,

Took my Clio in for an MOT today and was told the brake servo pipe is damaged and needs replacing. The car drove fine to the MOT station so was a little bit confused. As I drove out of the MOT station the car wouldn't stop and it was dangerous to drive the car so I pulled over straight away. Upon closer inspection it looks like the pipe has melted somehow upon contact with the engine, it must have been loose? I have no idea how this has happened but I really need to fix this ASAP. I'm hoping someone can help source a replacement part because I've tried the most common of places without any luck. I rang the dealership but the parts department was closed unfortunately. However after some online reading it seems like they don't stock the part anymore? (could someone confirm this please?) I've also tried eBay but no luck. will a brake servo pipe from a different clio of similar reg fit or is it a different design?

I'm willing to travel if someone has a spare, I just really need this sorting. Any help will be much appreciated.

Try @[U]dCi_rep[/U] , he recently broke a Ph2 172.

That is if your car is a 172 or 182, as you did not say.

I`d hazard a guess that not many of these get saved from the cars that get broken.

Just to confirm it is a Clio 182. I'm not sure how this happened but I can only guess the engine was revved during the MOT test and because the there was no airflow into the engine bay the pipe melted? I will replace the pipe ASAP but i'm worried it will melt again, is there a way to prevent this, will heat reflective tape work?

Thanks all again.

Jbar89

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Took my 182 for its MOT today. Despite getting it nice and warm on the motorway down there, it needed a fair bit of persuasion (read: revving the arse off it) to get it through on emissions. Unfortunately, it looks like I've fallen victim to the ol' melty servo pipe problem as the pedal has gone rock hard. So while it eventually passed on emissions, it failed on an inoperative brake servo! FUN TIMES!

Does anyone have one of these going spare?

Also, how tricky is this to replace? As the car's pretty much undriveable, I'll be getting a small indy next door to the MOT station to fit it as the MOT station doesn't do repairs.