ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake upgrade

clio 172
Is it worth going to aftermarket discs and pads from the standard renault ones ?

Mine will be due soon and wondered whether there was a reasonable increase in performance

lift number 1 @ btm
have a search, hundreds of threads on here, but yes it is and yes there will be.
get some braided hoses too if you don't already have them.

fad

Clio 182 FF
I am currently running Brembo Maxi discs and OE pads.

My mate has a set of Brembo HC's and DS2500 pads and they are superb and it takes a good hammering on track to get them to fade. They also work great from cold.

ph1 172
ive been getting my standard pads to fade quite easily with just one 70-20mph so im probably going to get DS2500's on standard discs.

quite worried as the DS2500's i had on my valver only lasted 1500miles and i cant affort that now!

ph1 172
I was told they were probably a bad batch but im not too sure.

I had put a new set of discs on at the same time and they were totally trashed (nearly at the limit + deep groves) so i must have been giving it some.

I went to some Mintex full race pads next and they lasted me 10k and werent as bad when cold as i thought they would be.