ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake upgrade

I own a 2001 clio 1.6 16v with discs on the front and drums on the back. I want to upgrade the front discs to either grooved or grooved and drilled. Has anyone got any advice on cost and the best ones to choose?

FRST and 106 GTi

why bother? The braking of the car is done something like 70% front 30% rear... if this numbers arent correct, please correct them. :)

On a RT, owners would fit the valver back axle, which would bring discs. The main thing was that valver has got 4 torsion bars and the RT 2. This is the upgrade that matters.

Discs at the back would give you a better braking since the disc is always being cleaned... Till now I never had any problems with drums... so why bother?

The look? dont wont to stop just to look at them. :p

FRST and 106 GTi

GTT uses 13" alloys, so it can only go up to 240mm.

My RT comes std with 238mm discs.. dont know if they are the same used on the GTT.

Now Im using valver calipers 259mm discs under 14" alloys. For now its the only thing I need... Glad with it, till now never got fade.