ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes Help!!!

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi all, Need a bit of advice?

I think theres a problem with my brakes, and I'm buggered if I can suss it out. When I brake at slow speeds, I get a sort of knocking sound, that gets slower as the car slows down. Also I can feel the 'knocking' in the brake pedal when I do so. Just had new discs and pads put on but its not made any difference. Please help as I'm thinking it might fail the MOT which is on Friday.

Cheers

Dan

SLK 350
Check each wheel for oil/fluid around the inside of the rim, if theres more on one than the others your brake piston/seal might have failed.

Failing that check all your front wheel nuts are properly tightened, had a similar feeling a while back, turned out the nuts were loose on NSF wheel.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Steering wheel doesnt vibrate no. And theres no fluid under the car/ in the wheels. I'm totally stumped!! I'll check the wheel nuts now, but I dont think they're loose. Anything else??

SLK 350
Did the chumps who fitted your brakes bleed them properly?

Take the car back into where you had them fitted, if no joy. Tell them they weren't right when you drove home.

1.2 16v Dynamique
No its different from the ABS cutting in, its a slower vibration. What are CV joints? Nuts arent loose by the way just checked. Also how would I check the Engine Mounts?

Cheers for the tips, much appreciated...

SLK 350
Wheel off job mate, check front two hubs. Basically the joints are accessed behind the hub, should have a rubber gaitor on them and filled with grease. Check they're not torn, and that they are greased.

Fred is more technical than I though, so probably best to pick his brains ;)

What milage you got on the car mate?