ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BRAKES INSIDE OR OUTSIDE

Phoned for a quote to have my front discs/pads fitted and was asked if they are inside or outside the hub, probably something you all know but I dont !

Thanks for any answers, Mike.

Yep youre right, 16vs are discs all round, just wondered what he was going on about as he said itd be dearer if he had to drop the hub, obviously someone else that doesnt know what a 16v is !

Sounds like its not a good garage to use then.

Why not do it yourself shouldnt take to long and will save you some money.

EDD

Although I did the brakes on my XR2I [rear cylinders and all !!], Im always worried about forgetting to clip something etc, etc, in the end Id rather pay someone who knows how to do it without going through the Haynes step by step ! I may do now though !!!

m8 i managed to chang my discs and pds in bout an hr, well easy. I only tried it cause i ws low on cash and every garage was quotin me 2 hrs labour?

Mate is one of the easist jobs to do!!

Changed myfron pads in 15 mins!

Discs are the same but you need to undo 4 Torx screws and the disc just falls off!!

rears a bit harder because the bearings are pressed in. easier if you buy the bearings already pressed in otherwise youll have to press them out of the old discs and into the new ones.

Ok, think Ill stop being a chicken and do it myself saving myself 40 odd quid in the process ! Any tips on what NOT to do ??

Cheers guys !