ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes ???

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
my brakes seem to be sticking when i pull off they r make a binding sound ( i am sh*t at spelling). it last for a few mins at low speeds then goe's:mad:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The pads rust to the disc regularly...pretty much every day for me at the moment. The sound for the first few minutes is the rust being cleared from the surface by the pads...nothing to worry about...they all do it.

Well, mine has done it for every one of its' 50k miles anyway, and it still brakes just fine.

Clio 197
I don't like the sound.... so I leave it in gear. I only use the h/brake whilst driving.

I did, however, leave my 206 handbrake on once... for 3 weeks (around november)..

And it took a fair amount of gas to un-seize it! (and I shot across the driveway).

182 Full Fat
Yeah my rear brakes seize briefly if I haven't used the car for a few days. Suddenly pops and scares the cr*p out of you!