ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes

K9 EVV

can you fit up graded brakes on to your normal discs or do you need to change the hole lot..

i was thinking of painting them gold but i think it would look sh*te.

suggestions.

kev 0

What do you mean by upgrade?

Do you mean bigger disks using the same calipers or 4 pot calipers or just drilled disks and new pads and lines?

You can paint calipers just amke sure you prepair them properly and use the correct paint otherwise it will flake off quickly and look cheap.

Id personally paint them black a few times so they look standard but like the cars well looked after.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

you could just go buy a set of calipers and brackets to fit the standard disc dimensions.

Standard discs with 4pots should be better than just fine!

If you just want bigger disks you have the option of the k-tec kit for £250 which has bigger disks and mounting brackets fluid and pads etc which does look good Im not sure how much better they are Id say there were better but its not going to be 10 times better. If you dont use the car for track work and want the disk to look good beding your wheels this is a good setup.

4 pots are a superb upgrade but there £400 or so they will stop the car dead and Ive yet to fade my setup on the track with 180hp thats locking up into bends all the time there just as good as you come off as where you drive there but its probably overkill for 100hp if you dont track the car. Dont forget the stock setup you have was fine for the Williams and 1.8 16V cars. 4 pots dont need any bigger disks but Richspeed do sell a 280mm kit if you want it.