ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand New 182 or MKI V6

Burgandy 174 sport t

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 25 October 2004

182, I could never buy a Mk1 V6 knowing that the Mk2 is out and looks and goes better.
ok it goes better but I wouldnt say it looks a whole lot better?

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 25 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 25 October 2004

Altho where are you going to put kobe?
under the passenger seat to feed on the airbag cables :devilish:
I was thinking more in one of those silver containers with cardboard lids, might be some room for some rice and some sweet and sour too! :devilish:

V6 will have so much more road presence than the 182, it wont be like the 172 where its just another Clio!

:mad: @ Mike & Pete ! b******s !

;)

I reckon the MKII V6 looks MUCH better than the MKI V6 IMHO. But then the MKII V6 is £25k !

You can get a very low mileage MKI V6 for £15k.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Its a strange thing with the Vee, its nothing like the 172 at all - hard to describe but it has a totally different character somehow.

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 25 October 2004

182, I could never buy a Mk1 V6 knowing that the Mk2 is out and looks and goes better.
V6 (and I did), I could never buy a 182 knowing that the V6s look better and go better ;)

Youll also lose more on a brand new 182 than you will on a 15k V6 (although this will probably be irrelevant once youve spent the difference on petrol and insurance!)

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 25 October 2004

Its a strange thing with the Vee, its nothing like the 172 at all - hard to describe but it has a totally different character somehow.
I know what you mean, when you drive it is very strange, interior is so like the 172 but its just a totally different experience.

The mk1 v6 imo looks awsome but its straightline speed is akinto a 182 and it couldnt go around bedford any faster than a 172.

182 for nimble footed performance

v6 for cracking looks!

mk2 v6 for both perfomance and looks!

Renault Laguna Coupe

from autotrader..

2002 52 Reg RENAULT Clio 3.0 24V Renaultsport 230
3 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Hatchback, Petrol, 5,700 miles, Metallic Silver. Air-Conditioning, Alarm, Body Coloured Bumpers, Catalytic Converter, Central Door Locking, Clock, Driver Air Bag, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Passenger Air Bag, Power-Assisted Steering, Rear Wash/Wipe, ABS, Adjustable seats, CD Multichanger. 5,700 miles only £14,999.

Yip, just been looking now.

There is a nice Mars Red one on there too, 9000 miles for £16k too.

Do the MKI V6s have Climate Control ? I know they have AC.

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 25 October 2004

it couldnt go around bedford any faster than a 172.
Both in standard form the V6 would be faster.

If you want an opinion on this ask SteveV6 as hes had a 172, MK1 V6 and a MK2 V6 and hell tell you the same.

v6 all the way, they have soo much presence on the road !
(something which a 182 just doesnt have, sorry 182 people)

plus as they have already lost a fair bit of money, they wont depreciate much more, unlike the 182 (unless you can get a 182 for a decent price)

That looks really great in blue.. open front bumper..trophy wheels and spoiler.. nice version!

My brothers got a 182 with cup pack, very very nice.. but would have to say the V6 mk1, the experience of these cars cant be explained, until u own one!

E91 M Sport

Not overly-liking the wheels, but that front bumper is sweet. Is it modded from a standard one, or after-market kit? (and does the guy even know what a speed-bump is? ;))

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 25 October 2004

Yeah I saw that one ! Just had an insurance quote tho ! OUCH !
tried confused.com ? The quote tesco gave me scared me to death. Ended up paying about £100 a year more than the 172.

Confused.com were shocking for me on the 172, the only decent ones were Tesco, Privilege and Direct Line and they are quoting over £1000.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 25 October 2004

Confused.com were shocking for me on the 172, the only decent ones were Tesco, Privilege and Direct Line and they are quoting over £1000.
How much over a grand?

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont know why I f**king bother. £2,095 for me on a Mk1 V6 @ £16k doing 12k a year Full NCB, garaged.