ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Breaking a password to open a word document

Cupra
This is an ethical request - my boss passed away at the weekend and he kept all his passwords in a word document. It is password protected to open it and I need to get access to various systems and files with his credentials.

Google brings up a million and one programs that say that they can do it, but does anybody here actually have experience of one that worked?

Thanks in advance for any help.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
if it's 2003 or older it should take seconds to crack with any of the programs available. If it's 2007 or newer then it will probably be a brute force/dictionary attack you need... which can take some time depending on the complexity of the password.

Cupra
Its a 97-2003 document. It looks like he might of used another tool to store his passwords in that we can access through the database so I might not need it now.

Thanks for the input.