ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

breaks have been sticking...wot damage could of been done.

clio 172 cup
my break have been sticking since tuesday as master cylinder had gone on my clio cup but still had to use the car as i needed for work. had them done today so all sorted.

would i have done any damage to the engine or clutch as i thinking it would of been more striain on the engine....

cheers thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Won't have braked the engine or clutch at all IMO, can't see how the car would be safe to drive though.

If the engine and clutch couldn't handle the strain of a sticking brake, they'd both have a hard time dealing with pulling a 1100kg car along. Can't see there being any issues beyond the brakes.

clio 172 cup
emmm o.k so no damage would of been done yeah... just that my clutch was sort of a b**ch to get use to when i got the car 3 weeks ago and was hard to push down on it when going to put it in gear and also it was right at the top when it come to biting point and now it seems to be even more at the top and thats wots making me think that i may have burned the clutch right out. and it even judders when pulling off and sort of judders when gear changing....it like i have to ride the clutch when pulling off and it doing my f**king head right in man.

im just thinking dose my clio cup have a clutch cable at all and may have stretched as it mite have never been change....but think i need a new clutch,

ph1 172
your explanation of symptoms sounds like a worn clutch...what mileage is on your car..?
as for the brakes ,must be sticky sliders or piston..sliders can be fixed no prob , pistons cany always be free,d off and may need a replacement caliper.

clio 172 cup
yeah my mileage is only 73k.....the clutch is just pissing my off cant get the hang of it.....i feel like a new driver again when it comes to pulling off...lol.

172 + derv 206
clutch is knackered by the sounds of it. if its juddering that bad i would say its been overheated at some point and warped.

clio 172 cup
also just change my plugs and oil filter cleaned itg panel. but now i have just pured 3 liters of oil in left in ten mins gone to read dip stick to see were oil was reading but oil is just on the bottem of the dip stick not even on min. so i cleaned it put it back in and it just reading the same this cant be right i wound of fort it would be over min at least. would of i got an air lock or some think going on...i dont wont to go pureing more oil in ass i land up with to much oil or shall i pure an other liter in...

yes sump plugs back in and oil filter..

also one of my ht leads has been squshed by some who last change the plugs. when thay put the inlet cover on thay must of left it sat on top of the rockit cover and when thay done the bolts back up thay have damage it..and when i say it squshed it squshed....lead number (1) im thinking this is may be why it was running lumpy.....

clio 172 cup
yeah nice one..fred@btm. i when and pured the other two liters in and now it reading max..;)...just need to replace the (ht lead) that some one has damages or is it best to just replace all 4 (ht leads) and any one no were i can get them from and how much thay are ruffly ish. and also be for i for get when i took the inlet cover off to get to the plugs i notice ther was one metal gaskit at the front with 4 round holes in like an exhaust gaskit but i think it called an inlet gaskit and like a round sort of rubber gaskit looks like a orange colour do i need to change them if so were would i get these as well cause most motor stores iv been in said ther will be no need to replace them. but i have always been on the under standing to always to replace gaskit as thay never seal again properly. i think the round rubber one will be fine it just the matel one im abit...:S..about as thay some times can have a little kink in them as thay bened so f**king easy man....

any advice on if i need to replace them or and if so were the best place to get them from along with (ht leads)

thanks guys....

Lionel Richie
you can only get the HT leads as a complete set from renault at around £100 the set! everyone uses magnecores at approx £65 the set

gaskets are fine to reuse, just don't over tighten the plenum chamber (the bit with renault sport on it) just nip the bolts up

clio 172 cup
fred@btm... yeah nice one for this help mate.

as for the (ht leads) i see some on ebay (silicone power leads) £13.00 the same thats on my clio at the moment or aint thay any good..also were do you get the (magnecore leads) from. and yeah thats good to here the gaskit are o,k to re-use as motor stores are trying to charge me £35 just for the round gaskit...and for some reason motor stores around here cant even get the other gaskit any way..

cheers mate.....