ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

breather filters ph2 172

53' 172 Cup
iv been advised by a mate to add a breather filter on the inlet top (straight after the throttle body) rather than keeping the hose and one on the inlet manifold (a hose usually runs down to the acoustic valve). what do people think?

Stops oil getting into the engine and caking up on the TB i took mine off but personal opinion really...

on 182 anyway dont know ifs diff on the 172s

53' 172 Cup
yeh well i took the tb off to clean it couple weeks ago and it was pretty filthy, thats would prompted the suggestion of a filter to stop oil gettin in. why wouldnt u fred?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the crank case breather vents into the tank, it catchs the oil which sits in the tank and releases the vapor into the air or back into the elbow.

that way all the s**t and gunk sits in the tank and only the vapor is released.

I'v never noticed the smell before I just let it drop onto the zorst

Actually would it have any effect on the MOT?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
hmm shouldn't do, but if they go all eco etc. then there maybe a case of loosing vapor into the air, or dropping oil on the road which could be a hazard. but those are extreems