ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo HC discs and pads

derv biege barge
MOT time. I think it will need new front discs and pads so.....

Has anyone got the Brembo HC discs & pads from kamracing?

Pads : http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuni...o-2-0-16v-rs-oem-front-brake-pads-brembo.html

Discs : http://www.kamracing.co.uk/brembo-hc-front-brake-discs-renault-clio-mk2-rs-172-182-2-0-16v.html

If so are they any good over standard etc.

I am looking for something that is comparable or slightly better than standard. I dont want to end up fitting a pile of rubbish.

Also kamracing priced the discs at £30 for a set of 2 which I think could be too good to be true.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

derv biege barge
Does anyone own a set? I was looking for some feedback. Are they better than OEM parts etc...

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I used them last year, were great on the road, on track less so...

I was rating them very highly for road use as they bite very well and felt great.. until I went on track at Oulton in late October. Went from 3/4 pad down to metal before lunch time. Really ruined the day. My mate in the Trophy had exactly the same setup and he had his brand new set of brembo pads go to metal before the end of the day also. The Brembo OE pads that is, I don't have any fault for the Brembo HC (the OE discs), which I still think are perfectly adequate for everything I need. Wear very well, no judder - ever.

I've bought from Kam, no problems.

Last edited:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The discs on kamracing are a very good price. isn't g172 £45 and Kam are £30.

factor in delivery and VAT and it's similar. I (and others i know) have still got a good price/service from Kam but I've not got quotes from trhe likes of G172 on the traders yet so can't compare myself.

Ones things for sure, nobody should be paying upwards of £50 / £60 for a set of discs - they aren't anything racey, just OE discs (though very good quality)

Last edited:
  derv biege barge
Cheers for all the input. The car just sailed through mot. Advisory on low rear brake pads. Think I will get some OEM rear pads and the brembo discs and pads upfront. Car is road use only so should be fine.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
They're a good quality/VFM oem replacement pad for road use. Sold plenty with good feedback for them

I'm a very similar price for the Brembo discs and pads. I try to be very competitive with my pricing for members on here and will try to price match/beat quotes on a like for like basis. I physically stock them and send them out on a next working day courier.

The UK Brembo distributor has recently put their prices up to suppliers so people will start to up their prices in the near future IMO.

derv biege barge
I will prob get from g172 if he is highly recommended on here that will do for me.

Plus rather that than be mental.:lolup: