ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo Max vs Standard discs

How good are Brembo Max discs compared with standard ones, as the standard ones look pretty good to start with.

Will be using Wilwood 4 pots with them, and I dont mind which discs I use, but I already have a couple of pairs of decent standard discs and dont want to ditch them if there isnt actually much difference between them and the Brembos

RB 182
I spoke to Cue when I was getting mine and he said he found them much better when he was doing a track day but I've yet to get mine fitted.

178hp 172 Cup
for the price though who cares about them wearing out quick!!

my m8 runs Max and i run HC and there is little difference in performance!! the High Carbon's are cheaper though so if ur worried about price might b worth lookin at!!

i hav mine coupled with Pagid Blue pads and hav used the car on track!! the hotter they get the better they get!! u could do half hour stints no problem!!

178hp 172 Cup
no brake ducts if thats what u mean!!! yes m8 i was on for half hour at a time and no sign of brake fade what so ever!!! the pagid's seemed to bite better when hot!!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I went for the Max partly as they looked cooler lol, but once adding on delivery and vat to a set a HC discs the price diff between them and the Max there really wasn't much in it.

Haven't noticed any real increase in wear on the pads or discs yet.

Ok thanks everyone. Wear isnt really an issue, and it is cheaper to replace one peice discs of almost any make rather then the 2 part bell/rotor discs I have on my Mk1

Also only do about 60 stage miles a month max

Burgandy 174 sport t
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Brembo max's, £90 delivered ^

Better than standard, will eat pads a little quicker though, but not noticably so.

Also squeal less, which is a bonus!

Marky - you can do half hour stints without brake fade? Do you have fans directed at your brakes? :clown:

Why the need for fans? I have done more than half an hour on track with max discs and ferrodo pads with no fade at all! Best brakes I have ever had were on that 172!