ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brentacre?

Vectra
Who's with them?

Is it as good as it sounds? Seems to good...

They allow mods at no extra cost, that must mean they charge you the earth? if they'll allow mods for no extra cost?

Vectra
How did you find them?

What I mean, it seems to good to be true. They allow mods at no extra cost!?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I phoned them, got a quote, paid it then never heard anything from them till I renew, only time you tell how good an insurance company is is when you claim.

225 Cup & Williams
I'm with them just now. All mods declared on my megane like an intercooler exhaust etc and it was no extra cost.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I phoned them, got a quote, paid it then never heard anything from them till I renew, only time you tell how good an insurance company is is when you claim.

As above really.

I'm with them have been for 3 years now. Reasonable cost (comparative with other company's) everything declared on a like for like basis. Staff very knowledgable and friendly.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Been with them twice and were excellent. Haven't heard anyone post about a bad experience claiming with them.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
elephant/admiral group do a 'free mods' policy type thing. they say 'if you crash theyll only pay out for standard parts' - swings and roundabouts

and give neil at greenlight a call on here. they are very competetive and offer members a discount. could help with mods too

Countryman JCW
Ive just insured my 182 with them and really cant recommend them enough! I think there is a chap there called Greg that has a clio so is familiar with all the mods RS Tuners etc...

They insured my RS tuner map along with my other mods suspension, wheels, induction etc at no extra cost. When i asked them why that was, they explained that unless the power output of the car is affected then they dont charge extra. Styling mods, braking, suspension are all covered like for like with no extra cost.

Phone them up and get a quote, then go to other companies and tell them what brentacre are offering... i found sky were very competitive, but brentacre just beat them.

Hope this helps!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Brentacre are excellent, basically all mods are covered up to a certain power limit. I'll be going with them this year as their quoted price for mods upto 200bhp is excellent. It covers my LSD, full cage etc etc for no extra.

Knuckles - be very careful with elephant / Admiral / Bell. I took a policy with them that had 'free mods'. Was fine for cosmetic or small changes like induction kit etc, but they outright refused to cover me with cams and the diff. Small print says something about some mods not being covered - my fault for not reading it but it was sold on 'the tin' as all mods covered. Suffice to say, I'm not with them anymore.

Ford Mustang 5.0
and give neil at greenlight a call on here. they are very competetive and offer members a discount. could help with mods too

Knuckles

Thanks for the recommendation mate, we also offer the same type of policy that will cover all modifications up to a certain BHP (usually 200) before the price increases. So on that type of policy you could add coilovers, exhaust, air filter and more all without increase the price.

We also offer a policy that gives big discounts if you cover under 7500 miles per annum that can give some excellent premiums.

If anyone is interested in getting a quote from us id be more than happy to help. You can either drop me a PM with your contact details or call me at the office on 01277 376000.

We can also do Fully Comp Trackday cover from £45 per event.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

320d
Brentacre have recently given me a very good quote of £889 for myself (22, 5 years ex, 5NCB) on my 182 with unlimited mods <180bhp.

Greenlight couldn't even quote me which I thought was poor.

I'm waiting on Flux's renewal quote but it would have to be very cheap to outweigh Brentacre's flexibility.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Greenlight couldn't even quote me which I thought was poor.

Hi Mate

I cannot see any reason why we couldnt quote you mate. Our minimum age is 21 and you are over that....I have sent you a PM as it could of been a system error our end that didnt flag up a price.

We can also offer the same type of policy allowing unlimited modifications up to 180hp (or even 200hp if you pay a small fee)

If you could PM me your contact number I'll be able to update the record and give you price right away.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance
01277 376000

320d
Hi Mate

I cannot see any reason why we couldnt quote you mate. Our minimum age is 21 and you are over that....I have sent you a PM as it could of been a system error our end that didnt flag up a price.

We can also offer the same type of policy allowing unlimited modifications up to 180hp (or even 200hp if you pay a small fee)

If you could PM me your contact number I'll be able to update the record and give you price right away.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance
01277 376000

After speaking to Neil they have beaten Brentacre's quote by £53 for the same terms.

Thought I'd update this thread just to let everybody know. Top customer service from Neil and his team.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Two years on the run with brentacre, top guys and were the cheapest. Beat everyone who trades on here easily.

172 Cup
I can't recommend Brentacre enough.

I've used them on and off for the past few years, I've also had a claim through them too which was none fault.
I ended up getting a top of the range Merc for 4 weeks while the car was away getting repaired, also had physio etc sorted within days.

I've always heard good things about Greenlight but until recently they wouldn't touch 172 cups. Mines due for renewal at the end of January so I'll be in touch with them too.

Ford Mustang 5.0
I've always heard good things about Greenlight but until recently they wouldn't touch 172 cups. Mines due for renewal at the end of January so I'll be in touch with them too.

Thank you for the kind comments.

We had a bad time on claims on the 172 Cup model a number of years ago. Now that things have died down and time has passed we are now able to cover them at very competitive rates again. When you are ready for a quote drop me a PM with your contact number and i'll call you personally to run the quote details through.

Neil