ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bridge camera choice

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
OK, looking to move up from my phone/point and squeeze to something a little more useable.

I dont want to go DSLR at this point.

I have been looking at either the Fuji 2950 or S4080 or the Finepics HS10

Maybe a Nikon?

There's a few "refurbs" on ebay, that have a 12m warranty for like £120 which is nearly half the price in jessops.

Also would consider a Nikon

I dont like the fact the canons have a lack of grip on the body, I felt like I was going to drop it.

Please help

Don't worry. It doesn't need to be a high quality picture of the t-shirt.

On a serious note, Why not a DSLR?

Fuji Hs10 was what I was looking at before I got my 450d... The HS10 seemed like one of the best bridge cameras out there with great versatility (zoom was fairly huge). I'd recommend going to jessops and trying a few out and see what you like!

There are a couple of people on here who take decent photos on bridge cameras!

I was lured into the world of DSLR's and never looked back. Not much help I know!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bridge.. Lumix is the only choice mate. The FZ38 you'll see coming top in most reviews group tests.

Mines will be for sale in the next few days. Looking at a dslr.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I dont want to spend the cost of a car on different lenses and s**t just yet. Just want to step up my game a little with the bridge first. You know me and my hobbies, they fizzle out in a week

Gally, that luminix is a little out of my reach at £330. I was budgetting £200-250

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Don't buy new ffs! Are you mental! I bought my Lumix for around £200. I'm hoping it'll sell for £180 as the last 8 on ebay have.

Mental 172 Cup
I had a Fujifilm S9600 for age before I got my Nikon and loved it. They are quite cheap 2nd hand now aswell.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Don't get a bridge.

Get a Lumix.

DMC-FZ38-K_1ZoomA1001001A09G06A94223I90775.jpg

is that not a bridge then?

Whats the score now, because I am confuzed as fooook

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair you could buy my FZ38 cheaper than a TZ.

You're a CS member i'll send it recorded for £170? Comes with Panasonic bag, 4GB memory card. Still under warranty all cable discs straps ect..

Clio 182
I just bought the Panasonic Lumix TZ18...for the same reason, a step up from mobile cameras without stepping too far. came with a 16GB card and crumpler case for £230 on amazon. zoom is pretty damned impressive, 16x optical with 20x digi, and a 'super digi' zoom of 32x. optical zoom is great, its ends up with a pixellated image on super zoom, but that's still better than iphone etc.

had it for around a month; used it for lots of different situations - times day/night locations, events, etc and it works very well as an advanced point and click. some of the shots i got from the festival i just went to are pretty sweet. some are pretty 'avg' too but thats me rather than the camera :)

Bus w**ker
P
O
I
N
T

A
N
D

S
H
O
O
T

Bridge cameras are for mugs or tramps that want a DSLR but can't afford one. This is FACT as I wrote it and wrote FACT.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I could afford 90% of dslrs Sy.

I wanted a bridge so I got one. The fact that a lot of dslrs are actually cheaper than bridge cameras make your opinion invalid.

Boom. I thank ya!

Bus w**ker
Please note that the 1100D/D3100 are not recognised by me as being DSLRs. SO IN YOUR TIGHT SCOTTISH MUGGY FACE!

X

Sy is half right.

People buy a bridge because they want it to be easier than an SLR. Which it obviously it. But it's barely any better than a decent Lumix they could have bought that would fit in a pocket.

If you want to fiddle about, play with settings and get great shots, get an SLR. If you want to take a picture then put the camera back in it's pouch all in 8 seconds, get a P&S.

Bus w**ker
Sy is right and always is.
Thanks.

Phil, I've got the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 as my walk about/slide down a mountain/pissed in a club/don't really care about it camera. Fantastic bit of kit and you can pick them up for around £150-180 brand new or you could spring for the TZ20 which has a slightly better sensor, faster processor, more zooms and some f**king pointless touchscreen for £250. The TZ8 is still going for about £120 new and the TZ9 (which some say is the best out of this selection...but I'd disagree as it doesn't have GPS built in for geo tagging) for about £150.

All this said though, I've been telling you all day not to bother with bridge cameras and I know full well you won't listen to a word said here and more than likely won't even buy a new camera in the end.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Thanks.

Phil, I've got the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 as my walk about/slide down a mountain/pissed in a club/don't really care about it camera. Fantastic bit of kit and you can pick them up for around £150-180 brand new or you could spring for the TZ20 which has a slightly better sensor, faster processor, more zooms and some f**king pointless touchscreen for £250. The TZ8 is still going for about £120 new and the TZ9 (which some say is the best out of this selection...but I'd disagree as it doesn't have GPS built in for geo tagging) for about £150.

All this said though, I've been telling you all day not to bother with bridge cameras and I know full well you won't listen to a word said here and more than likely won't even buy a new camera in the end.

Bell.

I took the advice, and have been looking at the TZ18. Can be had for £185 new.

I liek the look of it and, like you say, zoom is adequate at x12