ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

broadband connection at home. But don't want a ''phone''

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Need broadband in my house, but i don't want an actual ''phone'' package so to speak as i don't use it.

Can you just get a broadband connection with reduced cost phone line for this purpose?

Seems virgin do it and it saves about £3 month LOL

any other ones?

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
My house phone is rarely used so i'd like to be in on this as well.

If it beats my £25 phone and ('unlimited') broadband package now, then i'll be happy

Could some kind sole send me this info too before i sign up to a phone line that i dont want.

Thanks in advance

Ph2 172
I got the Virgin £25pm broadband / phone package and never plugged a phone in. Its naff that they dont do a discount for people who dont even use the phone.

Ph1 172
im needing the net too. just moved into a new house and ive been waiting 5 weeks for sky to sort mine out after ordering it with the tv stuff and they are frigging useless. thinking of trying someone else but i dont know who is any good tbh.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
welll, i wanted to go with O2 but i wasn't in their area for their good value packages... BT are a rip off plus i don't like them so I went with talk talk who where basically the cheapest for me.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
welll, i wanted to go with O2 but i wasn't in their area for their good value packages... BT are a rip off plus i don't like them so I went with talk talk who where basically the cheapest for me.

BT are cheaper than talktalk if you ask properly. Talktalk are.. well not great. Most of my customer's I get coming back to BT are pissed off TalkTalk customers, who went with TalkTalk as they were cheaper and there is a reason why!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
BT are currently doing a deal for £10 per month for unlimited BB & evening and weekend calls with a free line connection.

That works out £23.60 per month including line rental.

275 Trophy
I get free broadband as part of my orange mobile contract for £15/month, but obviously still need a land line. Recently moved house and had a BT line connected for £10/month but you do, however, have to pay for a year in advance, so £120. The saleman really didn't want to sell me it, and tried his best to get me on a package that would of been over £30/month.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I get free broadband as part of my orange mobile contract for £15/month, but obviously still need a land line. Recently moved house and had a BT line connected for £10/month but you do, however, have to pay for a year in advance, so £120. The saleman really didn't want to sell me it, and tried his best to get me on a package that would of been over £30/month.

LOL. if he doesnt get commision on what package he sells you, the fact he sold you broadband and line is all he is targeted on. The 120 quid pay your line rental up front is available to everyone (Line rental Saver - LRS), so it's not like you are the king negotiator.

275 Trophy
LOL. if he doesnt get commision on what package he sells you, the fact he sold you broadband and line is all he is targeted on. The 120 quid pay your line rental up front is available to everyone (Line rental Saver - LRS), so it's not like you are the king negotiator.

What? He didn't sell me anything. I asked for the cheapest line rental, and that is £10 per month, paid yearly, so £120. Broadband is via Orange, nothing to do with BT. It's not like you're King English User is it?

275 Trophy
Pun intended? I was after a line, a phone line - for the cheapest price possible. Is there another package I should of chosen that would of saved me money?