ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broadband+TV+Phone line??

Clio 172
Right me and the mrs are due to move into our first house this week hopefully. And obvioously we have certain things that we have to sort for ourselves now. Just wondered what package deals people have onthe above?

My dad has BTvision which is the whole bundle for 44.50+line rental
My mate has virgin media which is the same but with less channels i think which is 47+line rental.
My mrs mum and dad have eveything through sky which i think equates to around 65?

Just wondered what people would recommend at the moment?

Alsdo anything else we would need for moving in to our first rented home apart from the obvious things like bed tele etc etc.

Cheers Ben

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol how did they manage to get their sky up to £65! Pmsl!

I had all channels, phone broadband for £30 end of 2008!

Clio 172
No idea. lol am looking for the best deal and atm Bt seems the best as they offered me a free vision+ box 3 months free line rental free espn and free homehub phone.

Virgin seems the worst out of the bunch so looks like a toss up between sky and BT so far. Dont download much usually about 10 songs a month form the charts.

This looks like a good package : Full house package
http://www.productsandservices.bt.c...n_cic_aff_buyat_vidAJM_broadband&vendorid=AJM

Clio 172
Just tried sky I want the hd box broadband and phone lines + espn and kids and its £74.69pm!!

The same from BT is £54.28 with ESPN and their gold package. Doubt it'd be as good as skys tv tho

Last edited:
  Clio 172
right seeing as noone has posted in here really just soretd it all so thought this may help people in my situation.

Ive gone through sky and am currently paying 49.25 for sky with no sports or movies as blockbuster is better and i like to be at the match, along with broadband unlimted everything and unlimited lanndline calls :)

Lol how did they manage to get their sky up to £65! Pmsl!

I had all channels, phone broadband for £30 end of 2008!

How?

Fully sky package is now £47.50 (i think) + £10 for HD. Internet and phone probably £15 for decent speeds etc.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
right seeing as noone has posted in here really just soretd it all so thought this may help people in my situation.

Ive gone through sky and am currently paying 49.25 for sky with no sports or movies as blockbuster is better and i like to be at the match, along with broadband unlimted everything and unlimited lanndline calls :)

I think we pay around £45ish a month for Virgin. That's XL TV (so ESPN and about 6 or 7 HD channels), 2 V+ boxes, 1 normal box, 10mb BB and a phone line. The phone is only free calls after 6 and at weekends though. Don't really use it however.

(yes, I know you have already gone ahead with Sky, just thought I'd give you something to compare it with)

Clio 172
I think we pay around £45ish a month for Virgin. That's XL TV (so ESPN and about 6 or 7 HD channels), 2 V+ boxes, 1 normal box, 10mb BB and a phone line. The phone is only free calls after 6 and at weekends though. Don't really use it however.

(yes, I know you have already gone ahead with Sky, just thought I'd give you something to compare it with)

Damn how you manage that? That including your line rental or that ontop?
And what about your BB allowance? Is it limited i.e 40gig?

Our full package is:-
1. Unlimted online usuage
2. line rental
3. basic sky plus kids package for the nipper
4. unlimited calls evenings and weekends

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
We have been with them a few years now, plus I'm sure it was some deal. I don't really deal with that part tbh, my dad always does the payment stuff and I'm left to call up when it goes tits up lol. It can't be more than £50 anyway as my dad would not pay for it if it was.

There is no download limit no, but you are subject to traffic management during peak hours. In fact, just after I posted my first post I was bumped down from 10 to 2 meg. I can never remember when it returns to normal. It usually does not bother me as I download during the night, but I just bought myself a 1TB external HD and I'm currently going to town downloading anything and everything.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
10 o'clock is apparently when you go back to your regular BB speed as well.