ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

broke my ipad :(

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
so i just dropped my new ipad on a glass table and its come off worse in the battle.

whats the damage likley to be? what are my options?

is it similar to the phones where you go to apple pay £140 and they give you a new one? or is it diffrent?

im gutted :(

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
my bad, just a cracked screen :(...

50114efa.jpg

properly gutted about it lol. cant look at it. so annoyed at myself!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
lol unfortunately my mate has dibs on it for penny's so if he cant afford it then yeah sure :p

my parents have contents insurance but theyre unsure on whether or not it covers ipads/laptops etc. my mother seems to think they have it to cover laptops so i assume it will be covered

if not a trip to apple is in order. my phone is playing up too so theyre going to have a field day with me :(

up yours dave! :p nice to see you around forums again... NOT!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i wouldn't want to attempt to change it tbh. plus its only a few months old, i don't want to void the warranty already

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Parents insurance covers it but is £150 excess :(

Trip to Cardiff tomorrow then see if apple are feeling in a good mood. How do I book a genius appointment?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it a genius appointment I need or a workshop one?

Didnt look too hard in the video I seen on eBay Tom. Easy if you take your time. Huge potential to f**k it up tho, plus I don't want to invalidate my warranty

Now Sold :-(
New glass + digitiser £75.
Heat/warm the glass on the old screen to release the adhesive and lift off.
Sounds easy but you can bet its anything but.

Couple of screws and two ribbon connections and assembly is reverse of removal.

I'd take it to apple.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch indeed. One crack has traveled its way all the way across the screen now too.

Occasionally yeah.

Not worth going through the insurance tho. Too expensive and morally a bit wrong so I'll just hope apple will replace it for me.

Tuesday is the next appointment tho

Markkram- I don't need a screen just the digitiser. £33 on eBay with home button

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Did it land face down for you to turn it over slowly hoping and praying it wasn't damaged?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Does it fill you with joy knowing your right? :( lol

Had it on my lap face timing a mate. Computer made noises in front of me so I looked up and it fell off my lap onto the glass table in front of me. Picked it up thinking it would be fine, turn it over and I shed a little tear

AK

M240i
Is it a genius appointment I need or a workshop one?

Didnt look too hard in the video I seen on eBay Tom. Easy if you take your time. Huge potential to f**k it up tho, plus I don't want to invalidate my warranty

Genius appointment.

S3, Polo
Ouch indeed. One crack has traveled its way all the way across the screen now too.

Occasionally yeah.

Not worth going through the insurance tho. Too expensive and morally a bit wrong so I'll just hope apple will replace it for me.

Tuesday is the next appointment tho

Markkram- I don't need a screen just the digitiser. £33 on eBay with home button

If you've got accidental damage cover (as most policies do), how is it morally wrong to submit claim resulting from accidental damage?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Booked a genius appointment for tomorrow so will see what they say, if they want a lot then i may take up the offer above and live with the fact the warranty wont be worth anything.

Morally wrong- I would have been claiming off my parents home insurance when I don't really live there and it didn't break there.
Thats by the by now anyway because it's £150 excess which is a bit steep IMO

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Booked a genius appointment for tomorrow so will see what they say, if they want a lot then i may take up the offer above and live with the fact the warranty wont be worth anything.

Morally wrong- I would have been claiming off my parents home insurance when I don't really live there and it didn't break there.
Thats by the by now anyway because it's £150 excess which is a bit steep IMO

Awesome.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm tempted to do that!

Can buy a 3G one then I'll be less than £250 out of pocket that way and had an upgrade sort of

How much is mine worth then?

16gb wifi only in white. Only 2 months old with just the digitiser cracked?

Last edited:

Ged

PD130 Peach
my advice would be....keep using as is! it will work fine, just a bit of cosmetic... Makes yours different to everyone elses :p

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It makes me sad everytime I look at it lol

Tempted to sell it on as a special "angel" edition iPad because the crack looks like a pair of wings and it's rather symmetrical lol.