ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Coil Pack symptoms

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Hi guys, got a problem.

Basically, just took the engine cover off (F4R) the valver. The rain had done through the valver air scoop then onto the coil pack. It was covered in water and then noticed the car with hardly any power and juddering and not idling properly. So did a search on here and found it need new coil pack. So before i ordered a new one, i took the old one out to dry it indoors. No luck. Just now i bought a new one and then fitted it today. Problem is still there!

Could it be anything else? what else can i look for etc?

Cheers guys

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
The leads were tested and all of them were sparking on the coil pack perfectly

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
has any wiring become wet in that area? tried cleaning the idle control valve?

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
I'll have a proper look and clean/dry of everything on thursday. Cheers for the advice, hopefully this gets fixed because fuel consumption has doubled!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Right, had a quick look today, didnt have too much time. Took the inlet manifold off to see whats there basically.

Took a pic:

IMAGE_290.jpg

What ever i saw that could have got wet, i tried to dry. Is there anything else i can check?

Cheers guys