ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Gator... Help??

Car  Honda. Tesla Someday
Evening Folks,

My Clio has unfortunately suffered a broken gator (the leather part under the gearstick has come up and the clip broke). It happened when I was shifting in to first, do not know why it happened, it just snapped off!! I wasnt even being rough with it!! :(

Anyways, I took a look at it, how much would this cost to replace and how in the hell do I get it done???

Any help appreciated.

Thank You.
 
Evening Folks,

My Clio has unfortunately suffered a broken gator (the leather part under the gearstick has come up and the clip broke). It happened when I was shifting in to first, do not know why it happened, it just snapped off!! I wasnt even being rough with it!! :(

Anyways, I took a look at it, how much would this cost to replace and how in the hell do I get it done???

Any help appreciated.

Thank You.


very common fault, mine is still flapping about from when i bought it:o you get them from renault, not expensive £15 ish iirc
 
Very cool!! Surprising its only £15!! SHOULD BE FREE SEEING AS ITS A COMMON FAULT!!

Might just look in to getting a reliable third party one!!

Thank You :)
 
What colour is it? The black ones were like 8 quid and ready in stock at Bolton, my Clio is a privilege and the gator was beige! They wanted 40 quid!! But I flipped in the showroom so they gave it me for free :D
 
Paid less than £5 for mine from Renault....there not real leather, can get leather ones on Ebay for under a tenner, you need to staple them to the plastic base on the orginal one.
 
^ What he said.

Got mine from renault for £4.80 and used the plastic base (the part that has broken on yours) to put an aftermarket gator on my last car :)
 
Broke mine the other week, just made some new clips out of a bit of plastic and superglued them on, been fine since!
 
Back
Top