ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Headlight Adjusters

Bought a set of Xenon Headlights with the black inserts, to change for my grey insert ones, off a lad on here and they've unfortunately arrived with the adjusters broke on both lights
image.jpeg

It is the adjuster which his behind the big rubber cap, by the Xenon unit itself
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's the same on both of them unfortunately

Now obviously the lights won't adjust, but also the light internals move all around as they aren't fixed in place, so they're not much use

Is it possible to change the adjusters over from my current Xenon lights easy enough, or does it require the whole unit having to be split? (Something I don't want to have to do due to resealing, condensation, etc)
Looks like it would a pig of a job to get to them, but it may be doable?

What I've said to the lad is that I'll try and swap them over, as he's told me they weren't insured by the Courier he used...

Any advice would be appreciated,

Cheers, James

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes you can change these over mate, there is a recent guide on here that shows you.
You can also fit BMW adjusters.

Yes you can change these over mate, there is a recent guide on here that shows you.
You can also fit BMW adjusters.

Thanks both, although much to my dissapointment it looks like a split the headlight job...

Might as well of just split my original headlights and painted them black, saved myself £100 then!

On the plus side you can get adjusters which is good I guess, so they're not wrote of completely - just I've heard horror stories of melting them and then condensation being a pain in the future

Clio 172
I know this is an old thread, but (using what I read on Cliosport) I made a video on how to do this: