ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken spax Help!

Civic FN2 Track Car
After a rather annoying 8 weeks with the clio engine blew up at brands and now my front left Coilover has fallen apart. I was in the process of taking the engine out, so I pulled the drive shaft out the passenger side and all of a sudden the whole left side dropped to reveal this.

esege9up.jpg

Underside of k-tec top mount

u3u3a4ej.jpg

The suspension I bought brand new from demon tweeks in August 2013 and the top mounts used from here around the same time. Spax are saying they may not honour the warranty as they weren't used with standard top mounts and If they do replace the unit they won't replace the pair of fronts. Unfortunately I think I've just lost all confidence In this suspension kit, imagine if this had happened at high speed on track. The car is a dedicated track car and I was looking at going racing next year, but now need new suspension and top mounts :(

Where do I stand?

What should I replace them with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Well if they wont honour the warranty to be used with solid top mounts there will be a lot of p*ssed off customers in the 750mc Clio 182 race series who use this set up.

Spax will do anything to worm their way out of paying, and i will say this on an open forum after having dealt with them myself.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Spax products and customer service have both gone massively down hill the last few years, I hope you have more success than I suspect you will.

As it within 12 months, I would try going back to tweeks first of all?

Civic FN2 Track Car
I have gone through demon tweaks and they contacted SPAX, but as i need this resolved asap i thought i would contact SPAX direct to just try and get a time frame as to when i would receive a replacement.

Good point @sonny172cup if they do try an worm there way out ill mention that and go down the whole root of them being unfit for purpose, what if it happened on track and i died lay it on a little thick.

I wouldn't mention track, just if you were travelling at speed (they may have a clause that states for road use only, or for track use only), so just mention high speed rather than where :].

Civic FN2 Track Car
I wouldn't mention track, just if you were travelling at speed (they may have a clause that states for road use only, or for track use only), so just mention high speed rather than where :].

Will do thanks

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Disappointing hearing that about Spax.

When my rear shocks started squeaking, I got in touch with them. Sent them back for inspection and in less than a week had a brand new pair on my doorstep. Couldn't fault them at all.