ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

broken stereo update

Well I took my stereo back to Ray Smiths car audio in Edinburgh today, they were totally unhelpfull. I understand that without a reciept they dont have to repair anything and its my fault for losing it, however i spent 300pounds in there and they werent remotely interested in helping. The last time Ill ever shop there.

So Ive now been on the phone to Pioneer customer services and they have agreed to repair the stereo free of charge under its manufacturing warranty and Ive to send it down on monday. Ray smiths were going to charge me at least £80.

I also complained to pioneer about the service from Ray smith who are ment to be an official pioneer dealer.

sorry bout the rant, but I was less than pleased!

If you pay for stuff with your credit/ debit or use a cheque, then you can get the bank to prove the transaction, the bank will then have records which the company can use to get info from their sales records. I think they have to keep records for up to 5 years for tax reasons. So if you lose your receipt, try that, ive done it a couple of times.

Good of pioneer to fix it free of charge though, prob got a bit of a better reputation to keep than ray smiths! Hope it goes well.