ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken window

Black 182 w/ cup packs
Came out this morning to find passenger window smashed - what a mess, ages to clear up.

Car was sitting in driveway next to house, well away from street and my wife's car was not touched, no other damage, nothing to steal and I couldn't find a stone or similar in/out of car which would have done it. Someone would had to have made an effort to get round the car and smash it. The "high-tech" standard alarm didn't go off either, glass fell inside + outside.

Autoglass coming out this pm, guy on phone said that cold/heat can cause windows to break. I find it hard to believe, although the window does get the morning sun after a frosty night. Anyone else ever heard of this?

The Tube
What a sh*tter... Sorry to hear that mate. I've never heard of cold weather causing the side windows to break before though.
I'd keep an eye on your motor for a while, just incase someone's after it. Get a few other deterrents too, disklok, anything...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've seen a rear window brake , guy at work slammed his hatch down , freezin cold weather and it just shattered ,lol .

MrBillyUK

Cam

182 Cup
ianlowry said:
Disklok sounds like a good idea, visit to halfords in order. One size fits all?

No, there are different sizes. You need a small one, it says on the back anyway.
Sorry to hear about the window, does the claim work the same as a windscreen?? ie usually 50 notes??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The cold can cause a window to shatter esp if the temp drops rapidly, It usually to do with water mosture freezing in the seals/rubbers than the actual cold affecting the glass,

Black 182 w/ cup packs
Yes, £60 excess covers all the windows. Only other frost related problem I had was on mk1 clio, insulation split on wires and my indicators came on when I braked etc!