ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brown trouser moment!

111s
Just driving down the local bypass, went on the brakes for a round about and the car seemed to go mega washy and pull to the left. Flatty? I thought. Anyway jogged it home (only half a mile), had a look round and no flat tyre!...but i have got a wheel with a nice grease ring around it.

Looks like the outer drivers side boot has either split or just slid back and released its load onto amongst other things, the disc!

More expense!..but how much?

RS Clio 200
not alot...just get the bit from renault and fit yourself really... just make sure to load it back up with greese.
The real hassle is cleaning the mess up... i still have grease coming out months after and after some good arch cleans

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
@rse. someone told me i need a new cv boot fitting.
is this wat will happen if i dont!?

i dont like brown trousers im strictly a jeans or casual trousers (in black or blue) man.

RS Clio 200
no definate ballbag.

mine went while on track, just made sure it wasnt onthe brakes and i went back on track giving it 10 times harder.

probably not the most sensible thing, but its enough to prove that u should be alright.

I guess darko was unlucky in it getting on his brakes

111s
Had the wheel off last night. It was the metal tiewrap thing that snapped allowing the grease out.

Put a new one on for now and cleaned the wheel and used AG machine cleaner on the brakes. Still not braking too well on that side. I'll give it a week to try and burn it off, failing that new pads.

I have to agree with ballbag, brown trousers just aren't me!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
get some white spirit on your discs. my tie went, renault gave me a new one, thats right, IT WAS FREE. i nearly died!