ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brushed aluminum effect respary suggestions?

Im planning on respraying an interior door pull from another Clio for my 172.

Just wondering anyone can recommend a spray that matches the original brushed aluminum effect?

I found it hard to get something like this. To get a can of anything mixed was going to be around £15 anyway so the price these handles are going for these days you might be aswell buying some. In the end the closest I found was a spray Halfords sell it's possibly by hammerite can't remember but it's a spray called metallic. Isn't far off but it's meant to be used on it's own without primer or lacquer so might not hold up so well.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Why are you planning on repraying it? You're never going to get a paint job that mimic's brushed metal. You'd be better off just buying another off of here.

Why are you planning on repraying it? You're never going to get a paint job that mimic's brushed metal. You'd be better off just buying another off of here.

I've looked everywhere for a second one but none around.
Renault are looking for €170 for drivers and passenger side here in Ireland!!

If anyone has one in decent knick I'll buy it???:)

Ahh right my bad now I get you. I never even new you got these in the same shadow chrome as the door handles. Like I said I spent ages trying to get something like this and paint supplies told me it's too hard to make. I checked the stuff I got and it was Plastikote metallic spray it is about the colour off the 2.0 16v side badges you get struggled to find anything better.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ah ok, I see what you're looking for. Personally I bought some ford moondust silver (really sparkly silver paint) sanded back the handles thoroughly, primered, painted and lacquered them. Looked mint when I'd finished and pretty original looking.

great thanks Rob. I don't the colour to look at the odds to the silver radio surround.

On more wee question. I heard it a very tricky job t o remove the door cards from these Clio's?

nope if its a ph2 (2001 on) then you just undo the 4 torx at the bottom of the door card, the torx behind the doorhandle(open door handle) and theres a torx in the grab handle aswell. you dissconnect both handles and the mirror trim and the random pillar trim and just lift the lot up its sorta hooked on along the window