ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bryan Bro's Moonlight Blue 225

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
3 injectors (blue ones)
Front brake calipers are corroded and the pins haven't been put in all the way :eek:
3 engine mounts
Cam inlet seal is leaking
CV joint on drivers side, clip is about to come off
drivers side drive shaft gaitor (i think) is twisted, Fred said it aint right
Cambelt tensioner isn't quite aligned
Air con rad is shot

Fred's sending a full list to us with what needs doing.

He estimated between £1000-1500

Last edited:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Ouch, nicest colour megane out there! Very nearl bought one of a trader in manchester about 2yr ago.
Hope u get it all sorted and then enjoy the car!

Moonlight Blue 225
Cheers mate. Yeh she needs a little bit of work, but we'll get there in the end! Then we can start on the cosmetics.

BMW M135i
3 injectors (blue ones)
Front brake calipers are corroded and the pins haven't been put in all the way :eek:
3 engine mounts
Cam inlet seal is leaking
CV joint on drivers side, clip is about to come off
drivers side drive shaft gaitor (i think) is twisted, Fred said it aint right
Cambelt tensioner isn't quite aligned
Air con rad is shot

Fred's sending a full list to us with what needs doing.

He estimated between £1000-1500
Usual Ph1 then.

BMW M135i
Pah 1k/1.5k is nothing anyway, over the last 18 months/2years i've got bills totalling around £3.5-4k and thats all trade price.

And some dosey cow ran into the side of it sunday night so 50/50 it might be getting written off now too :(.

Moonlight Blue 225
***Little update from the BB's***

Finally got the car back today after it going in the garage for the 7th time, but hey that's another story. Renault again did a 'full' service on the car checking everything on the car.

So the work that has apparently has been done this time is:

Air con seal replaced and re-gassed
Checked the side of the engine for the leak that was spotted (apparently nothing)
Engine misfiring (again), but they have mapped my injectors, so will have to wait and see
New pins in the back of the brakes
Checked the CV clip and ball joint, they said it's twisted but fine
They also said the engine mounts are fine, but when fred@btm showed me them they were f****d, so they still need doing

So hopefully the car doesn't have to go back in again.

John

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted the ITG panel filter before

IMAG0073.jpg

Why did they make the standard one so thick?

IMAG0072.jpg

How it stands at the minute

6127368513_8d0f25b2d8.jpg

That's it for now.

Next to do is:
Injectors
Front Splitter
Wheels
Springs

Focus
Fitted the ITG panel filter before

IMAG0073.jpg

Why did they make the standard one so thick?

IMAG0072.jpg

How it stands at the minute

6127368513_8d0f25b2d8.jpg

That's it for now.

Next to do is:
Injectors
Front Splitter
Wheels
Springs

Are they the cup wheels? It looks a tad slab sided to me, prefer the standard wheels IMO.

Moonlight Blue 225
Yeh the wheels are shocking, some people like them but I personally don't so next year their getting changed. It will also be getting put on cup springs, so should look a lot better. But need the £££ to do it.

Moonlight Blue 225
The rear is mint! Thanks for the high performance modifications, my fresh number plates have come as well so they can be fitted on the weekend.

Moonlight Blue 225
A little update from the bb's.

The new front plates have come, so no longer rocking the Arnold Clark ones. Also Phillips silver visions have arrived today so one ive fitted I'll get some pics up.

320d
Still not seen this. We need to sort out meeting up. I couldn't make the meet in Mancs the other day as I was busy being a chav in Magaluf.

320d
I'll give you a shout next weekend, I've got to move all my stuff back to salford this weekend so i'm a little tied up. Le Mans was time ago.

Moonlight Blue 225
*** A little update from the bb's***

Quite a lot has happened to the car over the past few days, in a good way.

This arrived last week, its a custom plate measured for the recess in my front bumper, also changed my rear number plate but that is just standard. Stuck them on with some sticky pads from halfrauds. Making the front look a lot cleaner.

IMG-20110914-00108.jpg

IMG-20110914-00115.jpg

Then went to seat on my day off and got a cupra R splitter. So me my bro and my mate started fitting it.

IMG-20110915-00118.jpg

IMG-20110915-00119.jpg

IMG-20110915-00120.jpg

The finished product:

IMG-20110924-00129.jpg

My mate also brought his diagnostic machine round, so we hooked it upto the car and ran it. This was the out come: (misfire in cylinder 1)

IMG-20110924-00122.jpg

So i thought id fit my phase 2 injectors, as i've had them for around 2 months and not had chance to fit them yet. I thought it was going to be difficult, but it only took 20 mins very easy to do. Especially when you use your ipad with a guide from megane sport.

IMG-20110924-00126.jpg

IMG-20110924-00125.jpg

IMG-20110924-00123.jpg

IMG-20110924-00128.jpg

IMG-20110924-00124.jpg

Finally a pic of the fitted injectors.

331470_10150304598447120_677307119_8456007_1911892987_o.jpg

cheers

The bb's

Moonlight Blue 225
***Another little update from us***

Aligned the front panel, as it was sticking out marginally

Before:
IMG_5934.jpg

After:
IMG_5935.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

Finished off the front splitter as well:

Before:
IMG_5940.jpg

After:
IMG_5941.jpg

Then as the weather was nice i decided to give it a good clean both inside and out:

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

John

330Ci cab
that looks pretty awesome, i cant say ive ever really been a fan, but the noise of the exhaust is very nice, on over-run it must be immense! and the paint looks deep too, i like it :cool:

mark

Moonlight Blue 225
As everyone else is updating their 225 threads I thought I would throw a little update from us.

We have had a problem with my sidelights flickering, so we went and got some different ones, just waiting for a bit of good weather to fit them. Also decided to get some led lights for my rear number plate, so both inside and out all my lights are now led, which finishes the car a little better.

Also in the process of getting some wheels off naith, to revert the car back to standard. I hate the wheels that are on now. But what I need is some new bolts for them, so does anyone know the wheel bolt size for a megane phase 1, or maybe even post a link up.

And finally from us I have got some new brake pins and currently bidding on some braded lines on eBay so hopefully over the next month or two the car will come on quite quick.

Pics to follow........

The bb's