ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Home Hub + XBox 360 (Keeps dropping signal)

320d M Sport
Howdy,

Anyone else have this set up? Home-hub generally works pretty well, just that when playing gears it can be laggy and i'd say every half hour at least, it will drop the signal?

Is it crap service from BT?
Crap Home Hub?
XBOX Servers?
Other?!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i would say its live dropping you, a few of my friend have been experiencing the same recently with their live connection going down. I had the same problem too until I had my 360 replaced as it died, probably not connected but it hasn't done it since i got my new one back.

I wouldn't have thought it was BT or the homehub though as I am running the same setup and my housemate can also be playing on live at the same time on his 360 and the service never drops.

Fabia vRS
home hubs are shite.

is it the wireless signal that is dropping, are you dropping sync, or are you just losing PPP ?

320d M Sport
Hmm, sounds like it might be Live itself then, it's connected via ethernet to the 360.

I'll keep playing and see if it gets anyworse, was thinking of getting another router and trying that out, sounds like hassle though.

Focus ST
Probably Live itself. Did it to me a couple of times too. Thought it could have been the router, so changed the WEP to a lower bit encryption.

Thought it might speed up the signal. Probably hasn't made a blind bit of difference really, but I haven't lost signal since....

TT 225
It's not the Live, because if it was, the connection to the PC's upstairs wouldn't keep dropping out too.

I told you - it's sh!tty BT..