ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT HomeHub help

172cup
I have 2 perfectly good BT HomeHubs. Tried to connect one to my gf's computer today, and it won't recognise the wireless key. Tried it with the other Hub, and the same things happened.

The stickers on the back of the hubs show the SSID and the Wireless keys. When you go through the options with the BT software on the CD... it continually says "Incorrect wireless key entered".

Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting the lot.... still comes up as saying this.

I have tried connecting through the Windows card instead of letting BT take control of it, and again it will not connect.

Ive also tried with my wifi phone, and again it won't connect.

I know these HomeHubs work... as ive had them running not too long ago perfectly.

Anyone got any ideas, or had a similar problem? Its pissing me off as my netgear hub went down and now ive got to run a wire.... i mean what is this?> the dark ages?

Help much appreciated in advance

Tappd'd RS
Have you tried to connect to it purely through windows without the software installed or was the BT software installed when you tried it?

You can run wireless zero configuration to ensure that windows manages wireless networks soley?

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/2007.html

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
As a one time Manager of the BT Broadband Tech Help Desk

Smash it up and post the pieces back. There a speedtouch in a fancy box and as such a pile of pants.

You should have the wireless key in the manual, but your probably using the wrong one. Even I did this first time.

or

Use the ethernet cable, and turn off the encryption - WEP is useless now anyroads.

172cup
tried zero config... didnt work.

the manual doesnt state any wireless key sib... only on the back of the hub?

Don't wanna have to use wired!

Tappd'd RS
I recall my aunt having the wrong key on the box - the right one was in the manual or other documentation.

172cup
i take it you got quite a lot of problems then?

i remember my 1st hub didnt work, phoned them up, and they sent 2 out lol.

but its just frustrating that i know these worked a few months ago... and now nothing!!!

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
I work for another ISP now thank god and use SKY Broadband, the free Netgear 834gt does the job very well.

The homehub used to overheat and loose connection all the time